From:
Mellisa Eberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:08:57 -0600
I am THRILLED to announce that all 3 foster ferrets have found wonderful
forever homes!!!

Many of you were kind enough to write me off list concerning care for
their skin after a few hundred fleas and chemical/urine burns.  Thank
you all so much - and I have a great outcome to report!

The youngest found an adoptive family with a very pampered existing
ferret.  The husband of the family (recently on visitation from Iraq)
built a series of "tunnels" up the walls of an entire room from materials
found at the Local Home Depot.  Both ferrets can now have "playtime" even
outside their normal free roam hours.  The "baby" of the bunch completely
stole their hearts and became the perfect playmate for their first
ferret.

The albino ferret found a home with my pet sitter's family, also a vet
tech and outstanding volunteer for the local animal shelter.  She will
have the best of care and has become a very cherished member of the
family.  No doubt - she will receive lots of love in her new forever
home.

The elderly ferret (born in 1997) that originally seemed to have a grim
prognosis - proved everyone wrong!  His whole back and belly had NO hair
when he arrived.  He now looks like he has a reverse mohawk LOL.  No bald
spots left and a clean bill of health from the vet!  He wasn't adrenal -
just another abuse case.

My husband and I named him Chatters.  He recently learned to dook, stash
Christmas ornaments under the couch, and play with our other 3 ferrets.
His favorite place is in one or our laps, "talking" away.  He found his
forever home - here!

Mellisa