From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:35:24 -0800
Yes, literally, your trash.  Those Ink Jet cartridges that you toss into
the garbage from your home & office printers.  You use them and so do
your neighbors, schools, employers, etc.  Here in my office of 16 people,
we have a dozen of these printers on our desks.

Only restriction - no LexMark brand as this manufacturer does not
re-manufacture theirs.

Black or color cartridges, I can get them to a recycler and receive $2.25
each for them.

All you need to do is slip each one into a baggie so they don't leak and
mail them to me via the method of your choice - I would recommend a few
at a time as opposed to singles, just to save on shipping costs.  I'll
package them according to the recycler's requirements, take them in and
have the check cut directly to Jean.

I can do the same with Laser Toner Cartridges and they bring between
$3.00 and $8.00 each.  The higher price is paid for the large color toner
cartridges.  If you send these, they should be wrapped in a plastic bag
to prevent toner from getting out and then boxed.  This does NOT include
dry ink cartridges like you'd use in a copy machine - these are not a
part of the program.

If you consider that you can place a collection box in your office or
office building, a collection box in your apartment building - Got kids
in a dorm at college? - they all have these printers - have your spouse,
friends, kids & neighbors do the same - this can add up for a worthy
cause.  When we get to the point where this cause is no longer in need -
I will notify the list and change the beneficiary to the SOS.

Please call or e-mail me with any questions.  I am listing my address
below for shipping/mailing cartridges.

Jerri Carel, 4132 Morgan Jaymes Drive, Louisville, KY 40299
(502) 261-0880 H,       (502) 439-0923 Cell