From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:54:07 -0500
If you ever use herbal remedies -- and many of us do for our ferrets as
part of their care which is why they often come up as a topic here and
elsewhere -- PLEASE, be Earth-friendly by INSISTING on ONLY using ones
which are NOT wild-harvested.  Insist that they be farm-grown.  Check
before you buy, please -- even if it means calling the manufacturers and
urging them to not use wild-harvested and to note source type on the
packaging.  The number of such plants which have now become endangered
due to the herbal medicine industry endangered is enormous: many
THOUSANDS which could go extinct and their extinctions could kill other
plants and animals.  We are talking about thousands of species now
directly in danger of being lost due to the herbal medicine industry.
See:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/01/09/herbal.remedies.reut/index.html
and watch
http://www.plantlife.org.uk/