Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:58:35 -0700
Well, after 19 days of intense suffering on my part, I'm pleased to
announce that the ferrets made it without getting even a sniffle.  It
wasn't easy.  Some days, I felt so bad that I didn't let them out to
play at all.  Other days, they were lucky to get one playtime.  I washed
my hands a lot before handling them, and then only touched them to let
them out and put them back.  It was hard to keep from kissing them and
playing with them, but they seemed to know something was wrong with
"daddy".  All I could do is sit there and dribble.  They would stand
there and wonder why I wouldn't touch them, but that's the way it had
to be.  In the meantime, it was refreshing to see them romp and play as
usual - that told me they were okay.

Now, the symptoms are long gone and my nose is starting to work again.
It sure is good to be able to smell them again - I sure missed their
smell.  I'm sure glad they didn't have to go through any of that. :o)

Gary, Bart and Victoria