From:
Bill & Laura Baran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:12:57 -0700
Hi Rachel and everyone out there,

I read the little note on the FML and wanted to say that moral support
and appreciation are sometimes the things shelters need to keep going.
It isn't easy watching old ferrets with cancer pass, watching young
ones come in with collars embedded into their skin, having a better
relationship with the vet than your husband/wife, and never going a day
without accidentally getting poop on your finger.  Somedays it is hard to
keep it up, but when people support you and let you know that it is worth
it, it is easy to look forward to the next day.  It isn't easy to do on
days when we are sick, tired, or had a bad day at work, but when someone
gives us that little extra "go-get'em" it really does help make it
easier.

Thanks to everyone out there,

Laura Baran
Emmett Ferret Shelter