Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:34:58 -0800
Sandee, Please look out for my cuddly, fuzzy, Bob Marley.  Bob died
Friday, December 26.  I found him sitting in the bottom of the cage and
he was bright red.  I picked him up and he started vomiting.  I rushed
him to the emergency vet hospital.  After they did some tests, they found
that he had crystals in his bladder and couldn't pee.  They asked to do
surgery to clear out his bladder, etc.  When they started to put him
under the anesthesia, his heart stopped; they tried to revive him, but
couldn't.  Bob won't know many of my other ferrets at the bridge since
he came to us fairly recently.  Please make sure he knows I love and miss
him terribly!

I don't know how this happens!  I don't know how I could have missed
that he was in so much pain!  He looked fine on Thursday, but by Friday
evening, he was in really bad shape.  I don't even know what causes this,
so I don't know how I can prevent it in my other ferrets.

I got Bob and his buddy Ziggy (the Marley boys!) from the Gastineau
Humane Society in Juneau, Alaska three years ago.  They had been in the
shelter there for over a month, but the staff didn't want them to go to
just anyone, so they waited until someone who was ferret knowledgeable
wanted them, and that was me.  He was five when I got him, so he was
eight when he died.  I will miss my fuzzy, cuddly Bob.

Thanks for being there for all of us Sandee.

Melanee Ellis
"The Ferret Lady"
www.ferretlady.org