From:
Sonam Dasara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:27:36 -0500
Hi,

It's with a heavy heart that I write: my big boy, Dupree is gone.  He
was over 8 years old, and lived a happy, health life until the end.  A
few days ago, he lost control of his urination and defecation, found it
increasingly difficult to walk, and this morning, he was bleeding from
the nose.  I brought him to the vet, and the reality is that his body
parts were just worn/wearing out.  I decided to put him to sleep, and he
died in my arms as I kissed his little head and wished him a pleasant
trip over the bridge, and endless peace, light and joy on the other
side..  He was my first and favorite ferret... I miss his little
ferret-kisses so much...

Dupree was a big ferret; I bought him whole from a breeder and did not
have him neutered until he reached sexual maturity, so he was muscular
and big boned; the fert who climbed the tallest book-cases.
Nevertheless, he was the sweetest, most gentle ferret ever, and never
nipped or fought with any of the other ferrets.  He always had a
ferret-kiss for anyone who held him, and as he grew older, he even
became a lap-ferret!

He was a happy boy, always dooking and war dancing.  At the bridge, he
will meet my other three: his sister Stella, and his "cousins", Lola and
Jasmine.

Goodbye, Dupree, I'll always love you...

Ciao,
Sonam Dasara