From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:29:31 EST
I Googled about the ferret and Ben.  What I've found are fifty online
reports (which is nothing online) and none of which were from major news
sources ...... all quoting the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame words:

>12/19/03
>Ben Stiller reportedly told IMDb Ben that during filming he needed to
>get a rabies shot after getting bitten by a ferret during a scene with
>co-star Jennifer Aniston.  "I didn't do anything, I swear," Stiller
>said.  "He did this crazy turnaround thing and he literally attached
>himself to my chin and then he didn't let go.  & I didn't provoke him
>at all.  Their teeth are sharp, like razors.  I mean they're rat-like
>creatures.  It was a horrible experience."  MSNBC News)

There are no other quotes, or reports at all.  It seems that only one
source initially reported this ( perhaps channel 4 or..... a UK source)
one quote and incident.  And now everyone is running with it, without
talking to Ben Stiller further or the movie people.  This is why most of
you have not seen anything in the media yourselves about it at all except
for what you see online.  I'd think the major newschannels would run with
this ... but they havne't at all that I know of.  Which tells me that
just maybe the ap is not jiving out to them.  I'm a little suspicous
even though so many pages came up when I did a Google search.  They are
all the same report.  One report only (which is up above).

One thing troubles me ... the story is starting to grow.  In other words,
since there is only one quote, no story from a witness or remarks from
the movie people, the media are hungry and making up their own spins now.
One story actually reported that the ferret "mauled" Ben Stiller.

I'm looking for comments from the movie people, actresses, staff from the
set, witness's to the event, treating doctor, or ferret owner/handler.
I see nothing.  Either this is not panning out, and was an overblown
lie ... or it happened and everyone was doing the right thing by not
getting involved.  Well..... except for an attention getting Ben Stiller
perhaps.  I dont know which one it is.

As it was said on the FML.  IF a rabies shot was given to him, what a
great, great miscarriage of medical treatment.  The doctor should be
flogged.  If anyone finds a credible source of this story.  Or if anyone
finds additional quotes or comments from others, I'd be interested (as
well as others on the FML).  I'm still very much hoping that this was a
joke, or overblown, or just a lie.  I"m very excited to see a ferret in
a movie and dont' want any negativity along with it.

Wolfy