From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:27:39 +0100
Dear Santa

We write this letter to you because we have no one extra special to
answer our questions, Santa it is now the time of year when we should
love each other and be happy, this is what you tell us, but Santa why
is this only at this time of year?  And Santa can you answer all these
questions for us

If there are so many ferrets that need a forever home, why do breeders
just keep on breeding us when we are already too many?  Is this just for
the money?

Why do pet shops sell us if there are already so many of us in shelters?
Couldn't they send the people to take us from the shelter?  Or is this
also only for money

Why do people take us home and tell us they love us only to bring us to
a shelter when we get old or needy?  People get old and needy to; do you
then dump your loved ones?

Please could you tell us Santa, our shelter mum says that we need people
because we have never learned to look after ourselves, but if people have
made us dependent on them, why do they treat us this way,?  Haven't they
the obligation to tend to our needs,?  They don't go out and get human
baby 's just to bring those baby's to a shelter when they have had enough
of them,

Yet they often don't hesitate to bring us to a shelter if that same human
baby gets them down.

I know we are not human Santa but does that give people the right to love
us only when it befits them?  And to dump us when they have had enough?
Can you tell us the answers Santa, We really want to know, just that and
a forever home is all we want for Christmas this year, but Santa if you
have some love and understanding left, please please give it to the
shelter mums and dads, because without them our life is forfeit

Thank you