Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:22:37 -0500
Sheri yadayadayada wrote:
>I personally feel that it's disrespectful for someone to pretend to be
>welcoming every ferret who passes away in to heaven as if she is the
>personal gate keeper to heaven.  I find it arrogant and disrespectful
>of God, but that doesnt mean those of you who find it comforting should
>be affected by my opinion or think I'm cold simply because our views
>differ."

Yes, you are definitely entitled to your opinion.  But I don't agree
that it is disrespectful to God at all. (my opinion)  I think many will
disagree with you, and as you stated, that's OK.  Isn't God (or whatever
higher power one believes in) supposed to bring peace and everlasting
happiness and eternal life?

If that's what Sandee provides for people who lost their fuzzies, then I
believe God would consider her an assisting angel.  The new Sandee has
such a vivid imagination that it is a pleasure and comfort to read her
greetings and try to visualize our beloved ferrets in the afterlife.

They say people we know who have passed on greet us when we cross the
bridge, so why shouldn't a ferret greet a ferret or a dog greet a dog,
etc.?  And so what if it's fantasy.  It makes people feel good.  That's
the bottom line.

CEM

[Moderator's note: Sandee welcomes ferrets ONLY if their hoomans ASK
Sandee to do so.  Sandee knows not all people find comfort in these
welcomes, but clearly many people greatly appreciate it.  BIG]