From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 05:29:09 -0500
The Titusville rescue happened 5 weeks ago this coming Saturday!!  It's
hard to believe that much time has passed and that so much has happened
in those 5 weeks.  We currently have 45 of the original 100 ferrets still
at our shelter.  All these ferrets have come so far health wise.  They
are all well hydrated and are eating like champs.  They have filled out
and put on the correct weight.  The joy they show at playtime is still
amazing and their energy levels are high.  They seem grateful for any and
all attention and continue to dance and dook which is just darling to
watch.  We have three on Prednisone for Insulinoma and two we are booking
for adrenal surgery soon.  However, for the most part, these ferrets are
loving life and enjoying all of the socialization they are getting.  Even
the infamous "Jaws" is a tad more interested in plating than nipping..
I even got a kiss from him yesterday!!!  Although everyone involved is
winding down and a tad tired, it is pure joy to watch these ferrets run,
dook, hop, and chuckle knowing that just 4 weeks ago they were forlorn,
thin, dehydrated, and had no idea how to play.  It's that fact that keeps
us all going!!

We do have our featured ferret section up on the Titusville page of our
web site and are changing it every few days or so.  It's a great place
to visit to get to know a few of these guys a bit better.

We send a huge thanks out to Chris Matthews and the entire Pacific Ferret
Network as they took in 30 of our ferrets!!  We have 6 of our
Adrenal/elderly ferrets heading to Kentucky soon as well.

Our original 37 ferrets that we had before the Titusville rescue are
starting to return from our members' homes; so once again we will be very
full.  It is also approaching the busy surrender season for us as it is
with all shelters..  That said, we can still use all of the support we
can get!  We will have tons of ebay items this Sunday so please watch for
that on our web site and we should be able to send a post.  Anyone that
can send items to be raffled and/or auctioned on ebay, these will help
alot.  We are still good on litter and Superior Choice food, but are a
tad low on Totally ferret.  Laxatone and ferretvite (or like brands) are
running low as well.  Of course, our vet bills still continue to exist as
well.  Any help in that area is great.  We have been able to stay on top
of the bill thus far, but we do have two adrenal surgeries we need to
plan for soon and Lupron to buy for other, non-surgical candidate ferrets
with Adrenal.

Other way s to help us and your local shelters, is our (their)
Association page.  Especially during this time of year while many of you
are doing your holiday shopping online.  here is how it works: Simply go
to our donation page and scroll down.  You will see several banners to a
variety of e-stores.  If you click on the banner from our page and shop
at the store, we receive a small portion.  This is an awesome way to help
any of your local shelters out there that have a web site with
associations on it.  Please visit ours if you can..

We continue to send our heart felt thanks to everyone that is supporting
this effort on so many ways.  We are continuing to get donations and are
grateful for everyone.  If anyone has sent money to our vet's office,
can you please let us know?  For one, they are not tracking addresses
for tax-deductible receipts and for another, they haven't given us any
credits so we wanted to be sure that no one had sent a check and it did
not get credited to us..

Wishing everyone out there a great weekend!!

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.
A Non-Profit, 501(c)(3) organization

407-869-6981 <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://www.Ferrets-N-Limbo.org

PO Box 161432
Altamonte Springs, Fl 32716-1432