From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:19:39 -0600
This one I have to forward to everyone, we either have been there, are
still there, or know someone there, or someone who knows someone in
California.  I myself has experienced California wildfires, also, the one
worst one before this, so my heart is in my throat, right now... I have a
lot of friends, that I don't keep much contact with, but they have been a
part of my life, through my husbands military career, or my jobs while we
were there, so I am worried about them, there are many of you that I have
met through the fml, also, and there are others I still keep in touch
with, from my past.

Please, keep these people in your prayers, this is NOT pretty, and it is
very frightening, when you are watching it from a distance.  I called my
mother the day Camp Pendleton was burning, about 5000+ acres, at the
time, I watched it from my back porch, I told her that the base was on
fire, and I didn't know what to take first, ( I figured it out) my 2 cats
(Asbury and Tigger, my daughter Lynn, my husband and myself) and whom
ever may have been seen walking for lack of transportation, if they would
fit.  I had a small truck (open bed).

We survived that fire, but there are those today, who haven't.  Never
underestimate the power of prayer.

Simply
Donna Christen
Dan Christen USN Ret.
Lynn Nguyen
Asbury (at the Rainbow Bridge) and Tigger and all my wonderful ferrets

        MountainWings       A MountainWings Moment
        #3301          Wings Over The Mountains of Life

When the Home Fires Rage
==========================

I am in an area near the fires that are raging here in San Diego.  My
son's high school is one of the evacuation points.

Because of our recent grocery store chain strike, I had to go out this
morning to a different store a little way north from me to shop.  From
the time I left my home to the time I was shopping, the fire starting
coming closer.

While I was in the store, a woman standing next to me received a call on
her cell phone.  I heard her say "you're kidding" and then she apologized
to no one in particular and ran off in tears saying, "My house is burning
down!"

I have thought about that woman since this morning.  I wouldn't know her
if I ever saw her again; I couldn't even tell you the color of her hair.
However, she has been in my prayers since I saw her run off.

I prayed that her home could be saved; I prayed she would be safe.  I
prayed that her loved ones would be safe.

My husband and I dropped off a pillow and blanket at our son's high
school as well as some food items.  As I walked on the campus I saw
people walking around somewhat dazed.  A pet center had been created
for those with pets, and some tents were going up.

We never spoke to the people there as they were busy helping those in
need.  We just walked in unnoticed, dropped some things off, and left.

I was proud to see others in our community coming forward as well,
bringing in food and bedding.

I would like to let anyone out there who is going through something
tragic, whether it is because of the fires or some other loss, that there
are people out there pulling for you, people you may never see or know.
People who want to help in some small way, even if it is just to say a
prayer and hold you in their thoughts.

~A MountainWings Original by subscriber Denise Garratt~
San Diego, CA

from The Mountain:
We should say two prayers: one for those undergoing trauma and seeming
tragedy where flames and feuds threaten and another prayer of thanks for
the safety and continued protection of our own homes.

Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.
See you tomorrow.