From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:31:20 -0700
Hello everyone.  This is somewhat off topic but I thought I would share
it with you since a lot of us use eBay.

I received an email that stated:

Dear eBay user,
We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to
the violation of our site policy below:

* Misrepresentation of Identity (User) - Representing yourself as another
  eBay user or registering using the identity of another.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are
prohibited from using eBay in any way.  This includes the registering of
a new account.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the
real owner of the eBay account by sign in and complete the form that will
pop up or you won't be able to bid or sell.

Thank you

eBay Customer Support

 -----------

I contacted eBay about it because they wanted me to put in my username
and password and some other things.  I didn't feel comfortable with it.
Good thing too!  eBay responded saying that it wasn't them.

The best thing to do when you get an email from eBay is go to their site
and log in.  If nothing comes up saying that you are invalid or they need
information than most likely you can ignore it.  You can send the spoof
email to eBay and have them check it out also to be safe and to help
report people.  They will need the full header when you do that.

Anyways, hope this helps.

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"