From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:19:46 EDT
What am I looking forward to the most in Atlanta?  Being nicely surprised
at how wonderful people can be.

I remember in Vegas, that people who wrote posts that made me raise an
eyebrow (because of tactlessness or ranting or just being too forward),
nicely surprised me.  I did not meet, and I know this sounds so cliche',
one person that I disliked.  I'd go further to say that I did not meet
one person that I could not imagine being best friends with.  Honestly.
I was so pleasantly surprised.  It made me realize that not everyone
"writes, expresses themselves, or types" well.  I hate political
correctness.  And even I catch myself being overly PC when reading
online.  But, it's true.  Even I put too high of an expectation on people
online.  I get bothered too easily with how things come across (I just
have restraint and don't show it).  Going to meet everyone in person made
me realize, they are all really great people!  Every one of them.  We
can't all be tactful politicians online, we can't all be proffesional
writers, and we can't all be perfect.

Everyone was so nice to each other and had so much darn fun.  The
exchange of ideas was priceless.  I was like a sponge soaking up all
the information that came to me so naturally and in such a fun way.

I have come to find that I adore all ferret people.  I never felt more
"at home" or comfortable than when I was with even strangers there in
Vegas.  The best fun was rooming with people I had never met.  I made
brand new friends that way.  It was a real adventure and so nice.

And that is what I look forward to.  Seeing people as "people" and not
emails.  Feeling that rich, relaxed atmosphere among everyone there.
And soaking up all the information in a fun easy way.

Wolfy