From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:20:32 -0700
We made it!!  Although much work is to be done, the ferrets are out of
Titusville and here, in Orlando.  I'm sure most of you know that we took
out a total of 100 ferrets.  Most of these guys are between the ages of
3 - 4.  Their health ranges as well as their cleanliness- yet they all
seem very content to be loved.  We started doing their ADV testing and
will try to bang the rest out tonight.

I would love to thank everyone for their individual efforts to this
cause.  I hesitate to name everyone as my brain is fading from being
tired and if I left out anyone, I would hate it.  Each person's
contribution to this cause was important and necessary for the success
we have had this weekend.

Please do not forget us or the ferrets.  Our biggest needs for now are
litter, food, and finances.  Our vet visits begin Wed.  with a large male
DEW that seems to have an ear tumor and is a biter (perhaps from the
pain) He has been affectionately named Jaws.  (LOLOL) We also have a
large sable male with a chordoma (sp?) on his tail that needs to be
removed immediately.  Our third ferret for Wed.'s appointment will be a
silver, adrenal male that has a prolapsed rectum.  We have been treating
it well, yet we are a bit afraid that an infection has started that Amoxi
may or may not help..

We did lose one old man Sunday morning.  He was too far gone when we got
to him and he started to go into organ failure in the evening.  It is
amazing how many of us he touched in such a short time.  We take comfort
in the fact that he enjoyed one whole day of love and that he did not die
alone in the corner of a dark shed.  In my heart I dedicate this rescue
to "Old Man" who fought for a long time and waited to die when he found
love and peace.  He blessed us for a day and because of him, we have the
focus and energy to continue on.

I will send our vet's info to Katherine later tonight for those wanting
to send funds directly to our vet's office.  We have asked Katherine to
do most of our postings to save us the time so as to dedicate as much as
we can to these ferrets..  Please do not think we are ignoring e-mails
if we have not replied and if you feel you have a specific question, by
all means let me know and I will try to reply in a day or two...

Another amazing thanks to everyone out there for their donations of time,
supplies, advice, emotional support, input, honesty and love.  This is
definitely one of the most trying undertakings I have endured recently,
yet also one of the most rewarding!

We can use volunteers any evening after 7:00 p.m.  Just let me know ahead
of time to assure we are here and to as to not have too many volunteers
in one evening.  Yet- we do need help with loving these guys and cleaning
their cages.  Several are on fluids and Duck Soup as well..

With love and thanks!!

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.
A Non-Profit, 501(c)(3) organization