Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 03:52:01 -0800
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
I recieved an e-mail a few days ago from someone in upstate NY named
'ferretlover Susan".  It is not my intent to accuse anyone of anything or
smear anyone, I just thought the letter odd.  I think I was found as an
FML member and perhaps others in my area have recieved the same letter.

She was looking to adopt a ferret companion for her 8 month old fuzzy.She
stated she had 5 acres in upstate NY and 161 animals living there.She
said she was an animal trainer and used some of her animals for TV shows
etc.

The oddest part was that she said she had 3 ferrets for 8 years who
suddenly came down with "green slime disease" , presumably ECE from
her explination of it.  She stated she went from vet to vet spending
thousands of dollars on tests only to be told "green slime is always
fatal".

She wrote that all her ferrets had a balanced diet from all the 4 food
groups, i.e, they ate what she ate from the table.

I wrote that even if I did have ferrets to adopt I would not, that she
should question vets who charged her thousands for ECE and then was told
it was always fatal.  I explained ECE.

I explained that ferrets did not need a 'balanced diet from all 4 food
groups", and what they really did need nutritionally.

I questioned someone who had 161 animals and why they would need
more,especially if ferrets were trained for entertainment.  Again I am
not looking to smear any one who does but this was a mail from someone
I did not know and out of the blue.

The reply I recieved to my explination of ECE and ferret diet,to my
questions on why someone with over 100 animals would want more, and
moreover why someone a few hours away from me was soliciting a stranger
to adopt on the internet instead of looking more locally( or contacting
a shelter) was hostile and belligerant..

The whole thing seemed strange and I was wondering if anyone else had
recieved such mail.

[CW]