From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:55:02 -0700
I recently asked about adding soy oil or such to the chicken gravy for
added fat and was told, essentially, that ferrets couldn't use it because
it is a vegetable fat.  I find it interesting that Pretty Bird food has
soy oil added, listed after the chicken meal.  Do they or do they not
utilize it?

I want to thank those who responded about using a Vita-Mix for the gravy.
Checking out E-Bay I see there are several models available.  Probably
any of them would be good for the chicken puree but I'm leaning toward a
new one so I can use it for our own foods too.  I actually have a very
old one that I used for garbage for the compost pile but the container
is somehow still in storage elsewhere.

Carol O.