From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:49:25 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=6548&startid=6550

No, the AVID microchips use a 14 ga needle, and the male mink melatonin
implants need a 12 ga needle.  Close but slightly larger.  The implants
last for 3-4 months.

Hope that helps,
Jerry Murray, DVM

[Sukie note:  this is one I normally would think twice about copying to
the FML but Smartgroups is having multiple problems recently and I know
the people who needed to know this info are also on the FML, so this
way if the FHL crashes they have their info for sure.  Ah, the things
moderators do for people...  Hey, Bill Gruber, thinking about that:
THANKS for all that you do for the FML and beyond!  BTW, anyone who
wants to know more about melatonin implants will find extensive info by
searching in http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org .]