Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:27:45 -0700
>From:    K Fox <[log in to unmask]>
>
>"My dog has never been fond of the ferrets.  She's very territorial over
>toys and she steals their goody boxes and guards them growling and
>charging them off if they come near.  She has never bitten one or tried
>to cause harm....until Wednesday night.  I heard growling and a commotion
>and ran across the room to find my little silver mitt Stacie laying on
>the floor.

***This not only tears at my heart for that poor ferret but SICKENS me as
well.  Kim, in your very FIRST sentence, you mentioned that your dog is
not "fond of the ferrets." If that is true the WHY in Heaven's Name is
that Dog near the ferrets?!!  Please, all, do not take this the wrong
way, I have a dog as well(A Pomeranian) and I used to have another who
have been around my ferrets since the day they came here to the Zoo.  BUT
my dog/s were/are never, ever left unattended with the ferrets.  Period!
A dog may not show outright agression toward the ferrets(IMO growling IS
aggression!), but all it would take for the nicest dog to snap would be a
simple nip from a ferret.  The dog will try to protect itself, that's
nature.

>I grabbed Stacie, evaluated and headed out for the ER.  Stacie just laid
>there but she was breathing.  They put Stacie on Oxygen and prednisone
>and kept her the night.  I only got to visit with her about 15 minutes
>before I was told I had been with her "long enough".  Can you imagine
>that?  I'd been with her long enough.

***I feel for Stacie, but I have to ask you Kim...which vet are you
currently using?  You live in my backyard and I have a hard time
understand that a good vet would make you leave the room claiming you
"had been there long enough."  No I simply Can Not "imagine that".
Unless a surgical proceedure was about to begin or they were closing for
the night.  Which vet was this Kim?  I would love to give them a piece of
my mind for the inconsideration that you speak of.  Was it Falls Road?

>but it looked like she could wind up mentally disabled and I would have
>to make the toughest decision in the world about her quality of life.
>The next few days would tell us much more.

***The "toughest decision" that I would have to make would be on whether
or not that dog would be allowed near the ferrets ever again.  Period.
Irresponsibility caused Stacie's grave injuries and the possible mental
disability, seems to me that you would have to make that much more time
to care for her and beg her forgiveness for the attack.

>So far the damage seems to be nerve/shock trauma maybe even
>neurological.  I know we aren't out of the woods yet but it looks so
>promising and I know in my heart she wouldn't have made it without Reiki
>and the communications we shared.  I was with her all night while she
>was in shock trauma even though I couldn't physically be there.  She
>knew that.

***I am not discounting the reality of 'Animal Communicators' but Kim WHY
Didn't you 'hear' Stacie?!  As she was crying out that the dog was going
to get her?!  Do you hear her lamenting her absent Mom?  Asking "why"
this had to happen?

>Magnet sales are needed especially right now to cover Stacie's bill
>which is hovering at about $350.

***Still very confused.  Are you using or selling the magnets for your
personal ferrets?  I ask because of "my little silver mitt Stacie".  I
may be mistaken but I thought the magnet sales were for the animals in
your 'shelter'.  If you are selling the magnets to raise funds to cover
vet bill for Stacie("my little silver mitt Stacie"), how am I to know
that any donation that would be sent to you would be for the shelter
ferrets or your personal ferrets?  hmmm....

=====
Lynn with the Ferrets of the Love Zoo
Irish, Darlin Daisy Do, Nosferreteau, Miss Maisie, Sugimon, Gracie,
Emily, Dizzy-Isabella, Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo