Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:17:37 -0400
From:
Amy & Dave Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
I wrote an article for Modern Ferret Magazine a few years ago when my son
was an infant and my daughter was 2 1/2.  At that time I extolled the
virtues of keeping my ferrets while we started a family.

Well, my daughter's in first grade now and my son is heading for
kindergarten next year, and if anything I'm even MORE thankful that we
kept our family intact.  I strongly believe that having the ferrets, with
their unique personalities, has made both of my children respect animals,
as well as life in general.

It's definitely tough in the early years, trying to balance everything,
but the ferrets would much rather be with you -- a home they know and
love -- than trying to adjust to a new home.  Our ferrets have certainly
been short-changed over the past 7 years with run times and play times.
But the beautiful thing now is that the ferrets have more than made up
for it -- with twice as many people to love them and play with them now.

Hang in there -- it does get better.  We are anxiously awaiting the
weaning of our newest baby ferret, who was born just a week ago.  And the
ones who are most excited are the kids!

Amy, Dave, Sarah & Paul
Hannah, Fritz and Fiona (awaiting the arrival of baby Felix)
Our angels, RIP: Ian, Elektra, Claudia, Sidney and Max
Still MIA: Tasha