From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:32:51 -0400
Well, Tomorrow will be the start of week 3 for six month old Chiclet, but
she was strong enough for some surgery but nothing huge.  The Baytril
apparently caused a skin lesion that had to come out (at least that is
the suspected cause), but it kept her alive so we aren't complaining.
The node and the surrounding fat came out and were all green and when
cut the node had a tan-yellow fluid in it.  The source of infection
(which is what it is suspected of being -- pathology will of course be
done) is still unknown but hopefully it is something that is gone rather
than something that will kick up again.  We may know more when the
pathology comes back, hopefully we will.

She is home with oral Baytril (no more injected for her) and Clavamox.

In case it winds up being of interest he'll be asking that pathology
specimens be left available for further uses.

So, she has about 2 more weeks of antibiotics in front of her and
hopefully she will heal and once again be herself.