From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1993 17:57:35 -0500
Would whomever attempts to advertise the FML to prospective members
make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that they do NOT mention the FML submission
addresses in such advertising?  I've gone for years without people trying
to join the FML via sending to ferret-list, and now I've had something
like a dozen over the past two weeks.  It's driving me crazy!

Most of these people don't even know that they're supposed to subscribe,
and start yammering at me as to why I didn't notice that an article that
I didn't see because the list is on autopilot came from someone who
wasn't in the 300+ list of subscribers.  I can't remember that many
list entries...  There's even been a few to ferret-anon-list.

Please only give "ferret-request" out.  When I subscribe them they
get full instructions on where to send submissions.

Thank you.