Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:07:27 -0400
I found out about a lady wanting to find a home for her three ferrets.
I'm at maximum capacity (physically and financially) with my six, so I
told her I would try to help her find a home for them.

2 four year old males, healthy
1 six year old female, most likely adrenal

The owner told me that the 6 year old is not bald, but was nearly bald
last year.  She was told by her vet (not very ferret-knowledgeable) that
there was nothing that could be done for her because of her age.  My vet
disagrees and says that if she is otherwise healthy six is not too old
for surgery.

The reason for giving them up is the same-old "no time" excuse.  This
really upsets me and I would like to tell her off, but I'm afraid she
will dump the ferrets if I tell her how selfish she is.  She realizes
that it will be hard to find someone willing to take the female, and is
willing to keep her, but I think this is a bad idea.  it would be very
stressful for her to lose her buddies.

Anyway- If any angel out there may be willing to open their house and
heart to these guys, please contact me, as I don't have permission to
post her contact info.  They are free to a good home with cage, food,
treats, leashes...etc... I will help with transport a couple hours from
home, and may be willing to donate some $$ towards the females surgery
fund.

Thanks, ..............deena