From:
Debbie Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 22:38:37 EDT
Hi Everyone,

We are putting on the first Ferret Fun Day in Muskegon, MI.  I have been
working toward this for months and am finally making it happen!  I hope
anyone who is close enough to make the drive, it will be a day of fun I
hope you will enjoy and never forget.  I have lots of activities planned.
Here is the info...

Petco's Ferret Fun Day!
Hosted by: Deb's Ferret Rescue
Fun, Games, Prizes, Raffles, & Contests...
Bring all your Fuzzy's
(Please be sure they are current on vaccines for
Rabies and Distemper and are ADV negative)
Date: Saturday - June 7, 2003
Time: 11:00am to 4:00pm
{PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING YOUR FUZZY'S IN A ROOMY CARRIER OR TRAVEL CAGE
WITH PLENTY OF FOOD, WATER AND LITTER BOX FOR THE DAY.

Game and Activity Descriptions:

Ferret Playground -- Lots of fun and interesting things for your ferret
to dig in, climb on, smell, play with, and run through.  Let your ferret
try a new treat or partake of an old favorite at the popular "Ferret
Treat Station."

Tube Races -- Winner is the ferret to travel the length of tubing
(approximately 10 feet long) in the shortest amount of time.  As soon
as the judge observes the ferret's nose emerge from the tube, time will
stop.  Owners may use lures including sounds or calls, but may not touch
the tube.  Each ferret has a maximum of 60 seconds to complete this
event.

Bag Bust Out -- This game is run in heats of several ferrets each.  Owner
places ferret in bottom of brown grocery bag and folds over the top of
bag (to be fair, all bags will be pre-folded).  At the word "go," owners
let go of the top of the bag.  First ferret to emerge from bag is the
winner.

Toy Grab -- A pile of ferret toys will be placed in the middle of a tarp.
Tarp will have a 6-foot diameter circle drawn on it.  One at a time,
owners will set their ferrets next to the pile of toys.  The ferret that
grabs a toy and removes it from the circle the fastest is the winner.
Each ferret gets to keep the toy the toy he "grabs" (and hopefully runs
off with)!

Sock Game -- The first to get all four socks on their ferret and gets
them all to stay on at the same time the longest wins.

Plant Digging Game -- A plastic plant filled with rice.  First to knock
over wins.  3 ferrets with 3 separate plants at a time.

Knock Over the Pyramid of Cups Game -- First ferret to knock over cups
wins.  3 ferrets at a time.

Longest Beggar Contest -- Use your choice of treat, toy or sound to make
your ferret sit up and "beg." The ferret's front feet must be off the
ground and back feet on the ground.  Owners are not allowed to touch
the ferret.  The ferrets that sit up the longest amount of time are the
winners!

Kissing Contest -- The winner is the ferret that "kisses" (licks) its
owner the longest amount of time without turning its head away or
stopping.  Use of nutrastat, linatone or any other such aid is not
allowed!

Longest Tail Contest -- Length of tail from beginning to tip including
fur.

Shortest Tail Contest -- Length of tail from beginning top tip including
fur.

Heaviest Ferret Contest -- The ferret weighing the most.

Smallest Ferret Contest -- The shortest in length measuring from the tip
of its nose to the tip of its tail including fur.

Longest Ferret Contest -- The longest in length measuring from the tip of
its nose to the tip of its tail including fur.

Ferret Costume Contest -- The best ferret costume.  Everyone at the event
gets one vote.  Most votes wins.  We will have a runner up prize.

Everyone will go home with something for their fuzzy.  Plus there will be
ferre ty items for sale.  We sure hope you can join in on all of the fun.

Hope to see you there,
Debbie and all the Fuzzy's at
Deb's Ferret Rescue