From:
Melissa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 11:28:07 -0400
Don't worry, this is the result of very far-out daydreaming, not any
actual plans to breed ferrets, but I was curious, what precisely do
ferret breeders have to do to breed ferrets?  I mean, besides the obvious
boy-and-jill stuff.  Do the ferrets need to be kept sexually seperate all
year?  Are the poor hobs stuck on their own, since they might fight with
each other?  How does a breeder go about finding their ferrets, choosing
who to breed to who, and when to do so?  Also, what's involved in raising
kits?

It was more the result of reading some stuff on cat breeding and the
troubles of keeping people to a no-breed contract that got me wondering
how ferret breeders managed, which led to other thoughts...

Melissa Smith