From:
Vicky Kuruc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 15:06:45 -0500
I can definately understand this statement :}

>The one caveat is that if you have a ferret who understands how zippers
>work even from the inside, you'll need some kind of clip to keep the
>zippers from being opened.  Yep, this is the voice of experience
>speaking! ;-)
>
>Regina"

Several of my "girls" (Tasha, Cassie, Cleo and Venus, the trouble
makers ;P) saw me open the cabinet under the sink one day (I usually
tried to open things I didnt want them into when they were not in the
room, as they have an elephants memory about stuff like that :P).  It
wasnt 1 min before they were over there trying to open it.  It had a
pretty tight snap type latch on it so I wasnt too worried until one day,
not long after, I heard scratching from under the sink and noticed the
door was not fully shut.  I took the girls out and shut it.  I was amazed
to wittness how they got it open.  They were not strong enough, so they
walked over to my large "boy" (Bear) and litterally dragged him by the
ear over to the sink.  He layed down on his back with his paws over his
head and under the door and after several tries poped it open.  He simply
stuck his head in and looked around and meandered off, the girls were
immediately in the door and out of site.  I had to put child proof
latches on it after that.  They never ceased to amaze me :P.

By the way, I got a couple of the ferret sympathy cards from my co-
worker/friend's web site - www.mmcgreetings.com (it's her own personal
business and not associated with where we both work) and thought how nice
it is, (I hadnt seen them up close and personal, as she works for the
company I work at in another city, :P).  The ferret curled in the basket
is very nicely drawn.  I wish the artist had done the spirit of the
ferret that is going towards the light as a side view but it is their
first attempt at the ferret cards and it is a nice card.  Hope you will
take a moment to go check it out.  I'm keeping one of mine for myself in
memory of my Apollo who crossed the bridge about 2 months ago now, I can
picture him curled up just like that in his blankie.

Vicky
"Ferret-Proof isn't"