Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:15:19 EDT
From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
I was talking to a friend, and relaying to them how utterly overwhelmed I
get at times from all the animals and good people in need of help and at
my lack of resources.  I've heard privately from many of you who feel the
same way.  You read the FML or go online to see so many cases of friends,
good people, and animals that need your help ... and who directly or
indirectly ask for your help.  You find yourself so sad, frustrated, and
confused as to what to do.  Is this you?  Because this sure is me!

I can say that sometimes when I'm down, I can't even bear to read some
of the posts or emails that ask for help because it just breaks my heart
that I can't help everyone.  And not one is more deserving of help than
the other.  I have a scant few dollars... who do I give it to?  Who gets
short changed?  I cant' bring myself to choose sometimes.  So sometimes I
don't.

Sometimes my emotions can't even take the sadness of reading some of the
cries for help on a particular day.  I have a family I am raising, and so
many other things pulling at my emotions.  Sometimes I just can't deal
with it all.  So sometimes I don't.

But much of the time I do and I try to help in some sort of way, just
like everyone else.  Does this describe you?  Because if it does, I do
have an answer.  If you're emotions are too fragile to deal with things,
if you have no energy to support someone, and/or if you're finances are
short, but you do indeed want to make a difference... you still can so so
without stressing yourself out and tearing yourself apart.  That is where
SOS, can help you.

Support Our Shelters tirelessly fundraises and organizes funds for
rescuers, shetlers, and most emerging needy events.  They pull all their
resources together and help those that need it.  When everyone gives just
a little to this one large fund, everyone benefits.  For me, personally,
if I am very busy with life, or am having trouble with my emotions,,,,
its a nice place to rely on.  I don't have to read and be torn up by
issues.  I don't have to struggle with decisions.  They do it all for
me.  If I only have a couple dollars, I dont' have to neglect anyone that
needs help.  I give it to them, and it goes into one big pot that helps
everyone. :D  I don't know what I"d do without them.  Because without
them, I fear I'd turn the other way one too many times. :)  Thanks SOS.
And for those of you out there like me, its the pefect answer. :D

Wolfy