Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:44:27 -0400
I'm just coming back from a LONG week in Philly (Anthrocon, then business
trip).  But, it was a great one ... and we made over $8,000 to help
ferret shelters!  :->

This is thanks to a wonderful group of people who run a conference every
year called Anthrocon.  You can read more about it at www.anthrocon.com
or www.anthrocon.org.  It's kind of hard to describe what it's all about..
but, basically, it centers around anthromorphized animals and their
creators (artists) and fans.

The way that this all ties in to ferrets is that each year, this
organization has a conference in Philadelphia, at which they sponsor a
charity for animals.  They charity has to be PA-based and 501c3.  They
give the charity a table, a forum to talk about what they do, and they
help the charity to collect donations and hold an auction of donated
goods.

Well .. this year .. the charity was our very own SOS (Support Our
Shelters)!  We made a LOT of money, and had a GREAT time.

I'll post more about this tomorrow, and try to give a more thorough
description of the event.  We are immensely grateful to Anthrocon,
though ..  everyone there was wonderful, and we made a LOT of money
to help the ferrets.  We also had a great time in the process.  More
details to follow tomorrow ...

- Ela