From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:46:09 -0400
I don't usually put any flea preventative on my ferrets, because they
never go outside, and we don't have a particular flea problem in our
yard.  I just hate to use any unnecessary chemicals.  I also groom my
pets regularly, and am usually aware of any problems right away.  Well,
this weekend we had some friends over, and they mentioned that they had
a major flea infestation going on at their house, and how they really
should try to do something about it.  Duh!  Guess what I found on one of
my ferrets this evening?  It wouldn't annoy me so much except that this
seems to happen about once every summer, and usually from the same
friends.  Why can't people be more diligent and responsible about these
things?  It can't be good for all their pets to be eaten alive by fleas
either!  Why do they wait until the problem reaches astronomical
proportions before they go out and do something about it, (not to mention
spreading it around to other households)?  Any pet that goes outside
needs some sort of flea protection.  It's not rocket science!  Of course,
I don't know why this surprises me.  These are the same people that have
30 cats, because they won't get them neutered.  GRRRR!

Sorry about the rant.  It just gets so frustrating sometimes.  Anyway, I
did have a question.  I think I've read somewhere that you could use
Frontline for dogs on ferrets, but you have to cut the dosage way down.
It's supposed to be cheaper than buying the kitten version.  Can anyone
tell me what the proper amount to use would be?  I currently have some on
hand as we have an outdoor dog.  Unlike some other people, we actually
believe in prevention.  It may be a while before I get around to reading
the entire FML.  My email address is [log in to unmask] .  I would
appreciate any info you could give me.

Thanks,
Holly
Tigger, Pooh & Sprite