From:
Tracy Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 19:40:38 -0500
I have posted recently when my little Sadie was thought to have
insulinoma.  We ran one insulin and it was low , so for grins they (UT)
ran an adrenal and 2 of the 3 were elevated, suggesting adrenal .  Sadie
had an episode tremors and bg was 60, speciman sent to UT for another
insulin level and again it came back low.

Sadie is 4 she had left adrenal removed 2 1/2 yrs ago at UT( that is a
6 hour drive from my home).  Before the ist adrenal was dx she had an
exploratory surgery.  here at our vet.  I trust my vet and she has been
upfront re:her ferret knowlegde.  She has done adrenal surgeries but not
a great deal.  She has given me the dangers of the location r/t the vena
cava esp if the adreanl has adhered to.  She had gotten some info on
Lupron from a Dr at UT and apparently we could get a vial and I could
get possibly 16 doses (refrigeration after reconstiting).

I am needing advice, I don't know what to do.  I hate to put her through
another surgery, I hate to be selfish and have to drive so far away and
stay in a hotel for 3 nites plus the cost of the surgery.  As apposed
to the Lupron, I know it can be expensive.  Any thoughts or advise or
anything is greatly appreciated.  She is showing no signs of adrenal,
just the elevated labs.

Thanks so much for any emails on this.

Sadie's worried mom.