Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:22:27 -0700
From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
(this was sent yesterday however it seems like no one got it... so I am
posting again, please forgive me if this is a double post)

I write this in tears.  Today I read the headlines of our local newspaper
"Woman found in ravine is identified".  Her name was Dalena Spahn.

I met Dalena in 2002 when she answered an ad in the paper about ferrets
for adoption.  She had just lost one of her older ferrets and was looking
for another one.  She came to our house/shelter and we immediately fell
in love with her.  She just had this personality that you couldn't help
but to love.  She came in and sat right on the floor so she could play
with the ferrets running around.  We all talked for about 2 hours before
she finally had to leave.

She adopted Sable from us and then later Sprite and then Moonie.  We kept
in contact through email and she always had a way to let me know that I
was a worry wart.  She was so funny and you felt so happy when you were
around her.

We had a pretty bad storm here Friday night.  Flash flooding and a lot of
wind.  Apparently she was going home and never made it.  Her dad went to
her house on Saturday and found that she hadn't been home (she lives by
herself).  He went looking.  He found her vehicle which was buried in the
mud.  He called the police department.  He then continued to search and
he found her body a mile and a half away (which is possible cause it was
found in a raven).

After reading the paper I called her house and then found her dads number
in the book.  He said that the ferrets would be going to new home about
30 minutes away.  Someone they knew that loved and wanted ferrets.  I
gave him our number and told him or the other family to call if they
needed anything.

I am at a loss for words.  She was a wonderful loving person...31 years
old.... and now she is gone.  What is even scarier...I was driving in the
bad storm we had.  I was just lucky.

Sandee will you please let her come and play with the ferrets.  She has
one waiting for her at the bridge, his name was Rascal.  Can you please
make sure they meet again.  He passed just a year ago (July 20, 2002).

Please be careful... your family, friends and your ferrets need you.

"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz