From:
Harry Silvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 10:35:17 -0400
First, I must apologize to those of you who may find this subject
distasteful.  If you do STOP reading.

Second, please send any comments directly to me and do not tie up this
board with them.

Going on 8 years now, we have buried a lot of ferrets that were in our
care all for far too short of a time.  Never did I find a ferret that I
did not love!  Saying our good-bys after their death, is a family affair.
Ferret mom, Zora cleans up the body and wraps it in a clean receiving
blanket for it's journey to the Rainbow Bridge, retarded daughter Leslie,
finds a favorite toy for the ferret to have to play at the Rainbow
Bridge.  I the ferret Dad, then construct the plain pine casket for the
ferret.  Leslie then says good-bye and we bury the casket in the ferret
cemetery.

WE looked a long time ago on the internet and really never found a pine
casket to bury our darling ferrets in.  So... over the years I have come
up with dimensions and always cut a number of caskets and store them
flat, until needed and then we simply nail them together.

If you construct pine caskets, please share the dimensions, to see if I
am in the ball park?

- Would you purchase a pine casket?
- What would you pay?
- Would you want it shipped: