From:
"Woods, Kathryn STG2 (USS McFAUL)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 12:38:42 -0400
Hello hello!

Valerie wrote, in regards to Jack eating bugs:
>My question...should I be worried he's eating something he's not
>supposed to?  or be happy he finally found a good hobby that keeps
>him entertained?

Okay, now, don't take this word as gospel because I don't know much about
bugs.  But I /do/ recall a pro-bug-eatin' person saying that bugs are
good for you because they're almost pure protein.

If that's the case, then you're set.  You could nickname him "Orkin" or
something. ;)

 -- Kat

P.S. Must relate this story.
My boyfriend (currently on deployment) and I were sitting in Borders
reading magazines.  He was reading Popular Science and I'd found an issue
of Modern Ferret.  There was an article in there about parasitic worms,
so of course I had to show him the pictures of worms up to 2 or 3 times
the length of the ferret being pulled out of the ferrets toes & legs.
His response?  "That's a horrible thing to happen to a person!  < pause >
I mean, a ferret."  I think he's a keeper. :) --K