From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 09:58:21 -0400
>I have been recently told that you can smell ferret when you walk in my
>house.I dont know if Im just use to it because I dont smell anything.

Why is this a problem?  All animals have an odor to them, including
humans.  Why do you feel the need to cover up/mask their natural odor?
If it's so light that you can't smell it, why are you worrying about it?
If it doesn't bother you, I wouldn't be concerned.

I'd be more concerned with using all those chemicals you mentioned on
them than I would a little bit of odor.  If people are visiting you who
are offended by the natural smell of animals, maybe you should just visit
them in their home instead.

You didn't mention it but be sure you are washing all of their bedding
regularly.  It certainly picks up their smell.  Keeping their environment
clean helps with the smell.  I can smell mine when I walk by their cage,
despite regular cage and litter box cleanings.  But, it doesn't bother me
and it isn't overwhelming.  It's just part of having animals live in the
house.

You don't need to water down the baby food.  Keep trying with them.  They
will learn to love it.

Katharine