Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:53:13 -0500
From:
Vicky Kuruc <[log in to unmask]>
Sometimes it's just talking to the right person, I was very lucky that
the person who leased my apt to me in this large apt complex (not in VA
sorry :{ ) knew I loved ferrets (it was all I talked about ;P) and said
from what she knew ferrets were caged much of the time (and since you
cant really ferret proof the apartments here, it's sadly true, cant let
them have free run 24/7, hehe, I didnt tell her if I could have ferret
proofed better they wouldnt be in the cage as much :P ), she also knew
they were both ill and said that I could have my 2 ferrets and there
wouldnt even be a pet deposit :}.  Others in the office who leased the
apts out also had said they would not have rented to me with ferrets.
I had my two rescued boys, Apollo and PK, for a little over one and two
years.  PK passed away last year at age 5, with ulcers that we couldnt
get under control, he passed away at the vets office during the night
before an exploritory that had been scheduled for the next day, and
Apollo, age 6, passed away 5 weeks ago in my arms(almost a year after
his life long buddy) with adrenal complications.  They are much missed.

Probably my most irratating battle was with an insurance company who
wouldnt insure our newly purchased home when I lived in MN because
we owned ferrets, whom the insurance company insisted were vicious
anmials. :{  I told them if they didnt want to insure my house that was
fine I was sure there was another insurance company who would love to
have my money, because the ferrets stayed :P.  I did find another one
that had no problem with my fur babies.  But I couldnt let it go without
having the last word so I sent all the bite research information (ferrets
vs dogs and cats) available at Ferret Central to the company that wouldnt
insure because of my ferrets and told them to grow up, step up out of the
dark ages and into modern times because they had no problem insuring
homes to people with dogs and cats, and that ferrets were not only the
3rd most popular pet, but were the least likely of the 3 animals to bite
or to do extensive damage if they did. ;P.  Thanks Ferret Central for
all that wonderful information you have.  Gotta love that site :}.
Should have told them that ferrets also didnt run around pooping in all
the neighbors yards and flowerbeds (causing problems with loving your
neighbor), just in the corners and under the bed inside our own house,
oh yeah I forgot, that wasnt poop under the bed it was rotting potatoes,
one of mine was a potato thief ;P.

Vicky
"Ferret Proof, isn't"