From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 17:02:46 -0400
I got an email from a woman who wants to help her son find a home for
his ferret.  The son recently moved into an apartment with his finacee
and her son.  The little boy torments the ferret (and the mother won't
control him??).  She wrote:

"Please post my email address [log in to unmask] & phone number (440)
926-2920 on any rescue listing.  She (the ferret) is in Elyria OH, and I
live in Grafton, OH.  She is 4 1/2 yrs old, dark brown.  She is friendly
and you can hold and play with her, except she likes to nip at bare
ankles.  She hasn't been around any other ferrets or animals since my
son's had her, since she was only a few months old.  She's good with
people, but this little 2 year old boy won't leave her alone, constantly
poking at her and harassing her all of the time.  In the last couple of
weeks she's been chewing at her tail, because she's so stressed.  No
health problems, my son's taking her to the vet this Wednesday, 5/28, for
her vaccinations.  I told him to have him look at her tail and give him
something for that if needed.  She'll have a travel cage and some toys,
a hammock, too I think.  We need to find her new home very quickly.  Any
help you can give us would be appreciated.
thanks, Janis"

Please contact Janis directly if you can provide a home for this little
girl.

I am away from home with VERY limited internet access for the next
few days, but live quite close and could check on the ferret after the
weekend if someone wanted.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH