From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 16:51:27 -0500
First and foremost, my sincere condolences to all who have lost their
babies, and my hope that all who are ill or missing get well and are
found.  And a happy Memorial Day to all.

Sandee, I have a favor to ask you.  Last year I was living between two
cities, starting a new job in one, my family and ferrets in another.  I
only got to see everyone from a Friday night to a Sunday afternoon, and
it wasn't all that great.  A year ago today (Sunday) I lost my Jill,
who came home with us from Ferrets 2000, adopted from F.A.S.T and the
wonderful Randy Belair.  My husband had been up here looking for a job on
that Friday, and we were both on our way home when our daughter called,
said Jill had gotten limp and 'stary'.  I told her rub honey on her gums,
and I'd be there in an hour.  By the time we got home she was fine.  I
watched her the rest of that evening and all Saturday, and she seemed
fine.  Sunday morning I was heating up their gravy and heard a scream,
found Jill in screaming seizures.  I had to take her to the emergency
vet and help her to the Bridge.  She'd had bilateral adrenal that March,
and although I didn't have a necropsy, our vet felt it might have been a
metastasized insulinoma.  I know that she waited for me to be there with
her before she let this hit her.

Would you please find Jill, and all the other members of the Crew of
Merry Mayhem-Rainbow Bridge group, check on all of them?  There should
be another little one with them, Renny, whose human Sonya Grable, still
misses him terribly.  Would you please tell all the Crew that I miss them
so much, and hope they're doing fine, and will you let Ren know that he's
never far from his mom's heart?

Thanks,
Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"