From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:00:40 -0500
>Does anyone have a F1 or F2 polecat hybrid?  I'd love to know the
>disposition.  I've had a handful of ferts but I'd really like to record
>the dispositions and traits of hybrids and domestic ferrets.

Bob Church has an article on ferret/polecat hybrids in the archives..

What info are you looking for?  I don't know what an F1 or F2 is.  I have
6 polecat hybrids varying from 1/4 to 1/16.

Generally speaking they sleep less.  They have a better attention span
and appear brighter.  That might be the attention span.  I've trouble
socializing them into not biting.  It was done, but it took longer than
more domestic ferrets to correct the behavior.  They are hard to punish
and sometimes even scruffing, assuming they even have a scruff.  The
males will fight with a dedication I've never seen in a nuetered ferret.

Mine are fun to play with.  They are so happy and love being out and stay
awake for hours.  One boy took the wiggle giggle ball and pulled it up
the stairs and hid it in the closet.  Most of the ferrets don't even play
with that toy.

KG