From:
Di Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 14:48:08 -0700
After spending over 9 years owning sputzles and meeting people on
the Internet via the FML I FINALLY attended my very first ferrety get
together at Millie Sanders home in Balch Springs, TX over the Mothers Day
weekend.  It was totally awesome in every respect!  I got to see other
peoples ferrets that were brought to Millies either to be adopted or
just to be with their human slaves.  I got to listen to Bob Church who
spoke for quite a length of time on ferrets and his personal views and
experiences and I also got to adopt 2 ferrets, Baby and Jazz who are
absolutely adorable.  I also got to see Dr. Murray whom many people so
fondly speak of.  It was an experience I will treasure forever and what
is so great is that there are indeed others like me out there.  Total
ferret freaks!  *lol* I know absolutely no one where I live that owns
ferrets so this was really terrific.  Millie is a really wonderful
person too and so are all the others I met.  I look forward to visiting
her again real soon and her auction this coming Sunday will be a great
success as organized and caring as Millie is.

So to everyone out there who has never been to a get together I highly
recommend it whenever you can swing it.  It is well worth the time and
effort spent.

Diane Marie