From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:12:04 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

For those of you who are still trying to follow this (Oh, what a tangled
web we weave!) thread, here's the score as things stand today.

O.K. Here we go.

VALERIE is staying.  Buckie, Rosie, and Kokie left instead.  For those of
you who misunderstood, Valerie has NOT been dumped at a shelter.  She is
sharing a swell no-kill pad with Noodles.

MARK first mentioned the "S-Word", by suggesting that perhaps Buckie,
who NEVER had middle ear surgery or any other cosmetic procedure, never
bleached his skin, and never married Lisa-Marie Presley for publicity by
the way, might be suffering from "shelter-shock."

SHELLEY asked if Valerie could ask for Buckie back.  Does anyone here
remember who asked Shelley to ask Valerie if she could ask for Buckie
back?  I'll have to ask her.  Better yet, could I ask you to ask her
who asked her to ask Valerie if she could ask for Buckie back?

ROGER agreed with Mark that his comments were negative.  But wait, isn't
that a positive affirmation of Mark's negative stance?  Does that mean
that what they both said got cancled out once you do the math?

It was SHRON (everybody point!  Ooooh!) who first wrote of Buckie's being
in a shelter.  (Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:23:20 GMT).

And SHRON's post begat BLOSSOM'S (But Valerie never said...)

And BLOSSOM'S post begat SANDI'S (No, never said the s-word...)

And then.....Something TRULY AMAZING HAPPENED!!!!

MARK'S post begat....ANOTHER thread!!!!

And behold, there was Ageism.

(By the way, guys?  Here's a list of responsible ladies under 30 on the
FML: TRISH, BLOSSOM, BETH, JOANIE, MELISSA, AMY, KAYLA, LINDA, and, of
course, VALERIE!  Don't say I never gave you anything.))

Somewhere along the way, TODD loooooost it completely.  ROGER has washed
his hands of the whole business, and is now muttering darkly about
intestinal worms.  BIG is walking around with this glazed expression
saying "No no no!  Not PETA AGAIN!"  My african violet is still dead,
and my husband DANN has apparently run off with the tractor straight into
the waiting arms of....VALERIE!  Who started this whole mess in the first
place, and now truly understands that NO good deed, ever, ever, goes
unpunished.

Stay tuned to this channel!

Alexandra in Massachusetts