From:
Tuck Kemper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:56:33 -0600
Recently, Scooter, my 8 year old, insulinomic patriarch of the business
has begun grinding his teeth.  Not constantly, mostly after he's eaten,
almost as if he's finishing swallowing as he cleans his mouth and chin.
However, I've never noticed it before.  He's nearing the end of a long,
long bout with insulinoma, as the spells come more frequently now, but
he's happy, comfortable, and in no pain that we can discern.  I've
researched the literature, and can only find references to tooth grinding
in the occasion of some type of gastric disease, like ulcers, or
helicobacter, but Dr. Williams says even tooth grinding in these cases
should be considered non-specific.  Has anyone out there ever encountered
this condition related to insulinoma, and should I be concerned?

Thanks,
Tuck Kemper
(proudly owned by Scooter, the dook of Earl, Widget, "what's this litter
box for, and Baby Girl, boy, did I get lucky when these people took me
in!)