From:
Blossom Flower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 01:24:11 -0700
I have to agree with Leanne on this one, though I do think it's good
that shelters screen people before adopting..I just think there are
better ways of dealing with it besides black-listing people and publicly
humiliating them when in some cases it might not even be the person who's
at fault but rather the shelter owner/worker who's done something wrong
and so black-listing could potentially be used in a negative way to "get
even" with someone...It could be abused, so I think it's unethical to do
this.  Besides, there are LAWS set in place to deal with these things and
there are issues such as SLANDER and DEFAMATION (spelling) OF CHARACTER,
etc.. to think about too, so we can't just go around badmouthing people
publicly on web sites, etc..  There are much, much better ways of
handling situations when they do arise.

Just my opinion.