Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 21:40:28 EDT
Hi all,
I have a question about a behavior of my 8 yr old MF female.  She has
had both adrenals removed and has had pancreas surgery twice.  She is
insulonomic, on 2mg prednisone twice a day and 1mg of melatonin once a
day.  She has lost most of her hair and not regrown it, even after her
last adrenal surgery.  Her behavior is that within the past few months
she has taken to wanting to nibble my skin, be it on my arms, legs, feet,
wherever she can get to.  It is like a human eating an ear of corn and
let me tell you, she pulls the hairs on your body and it smarts.  It is
almost like an obsession with her when I am holding her.  She used to go
after my earlobes, sometimes lightly nibbling and other times latching on
but this other behavior is more the norm now.

Any suggestions as to why she is doing this and how I might get her to
stop?  I hate to spray myself in Bitter Apple.

Thanks for any help that anyone might provide.

Ann and Jillian(aka the nibbler)