From:
James - SBC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 21:55:40 -0500
Hello all,

Well, Jako had started eating more, then he tapered off and stopped.  I
got back with Dr. Murray and we decided that Jako possibly has stomach
ulcers.  So we started him on Carafate, Cimetidine - Tagamet, Biaxin and
Amoxicillin/Clavulanate potassium.  Imagine my surprise when the bill
came to $108.  Thankfully, we are doing ok financially, not great, but we
get by.  Oh, and trying to give him the medicine you'd think I was trying
to put a hot poker in his mouth!  We got it in him though, so we'll just
have to see what happens.  We are still a week away from his surgery, so
I am just struggling to get him healthy enough to have a successful
surgery.  So far, Dr. Murray has been great.  He is very patient and
understanding of a worried & fussy ferret dad who just won't leave him
alone.  We just got Ferrets for Dummies and it explains how at about
midlife (4 years) these problems start to pop up.  It looks like it will
be a good book.  It seems like everyone who knows about ferrets has it.
One more thing, since our dear Ricki passed a few months ago, we put
everyone into our biggest cage.  Sooo, that leaves an extra we don't
need.  It's about 14" X 4' X 2.5' and has a 3" hole in the bottom of the
pan.  If there are any shelters near Fort Worth, TX that could use it,
I'd be happy to donate it.  Thank you so much for being there.

To Jaime - My heartfelt condolences on your loss, I know your pain.

James, Melissa & Kassidy
Loving:  Bebe, Jako, Riley
Missing:  Wheezer, Pym, Ricki