Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 14:08:46 +0000
Dear Fuzzy Lovers,

We'd like to remind you of the upcoming May meeting of the Three Rivers
Ferret Council, Inc.  located in Pittsburgh, PA.

When: Sunday, May 18th from 1pm - 4pm
Where: Mt. Washington Community Center (directions are on our webpage at
http://home.att.net/~trferretcouncil )

This month is Crazy Ferret Tricks!  Does your ferret have a funny or
cute trick that you would like to share with everyone?  Well this is the
meeting that you don t want to miss!  Bring your talented fuzzy one and
let him or her show off.  A prize will be awarded for the best trick.

In addition, this month we will discuss emergency planning for your
fuzzies and other pets.  What would happen to your ferrets (and other
pets) in the event something unforeseen happened to you?  The September
11th tragedy left hundreds of animals alone; let s take note and be
prepared in case of emergency or disaster.  A notary public will be at
this meeting with legal documents to help make caring for your ferrets in
case of emergency one less thing to worry about.

We will also help you plan for a natural disaster or other emergency and
discuss what you should keep on hand and packed safely away just in case.

As always the TRFC merchandise store will be stock full of over 150
necessities for ferrets at below retail prices!  TRFC members also
receive additional discounts on merchandise.  We accept VISA, MasterCard,
cash and checks.

We also host a small raffle in addition to a pot-luck lunch
feel free to bring an item to share, drinks are provided by the club.

Don t forget: Ferrets are welcome to attend, provided they bring proof of
current Rabies & Distemper vaccinations.  We will be happy to keep a copy
if you provide one.

Important!  We now require all ferrets attending meetings and events to
have a negative ADV test within the AFA s guideline of every 6 months.
Accepted: CEP blood test from United or the ELISA saliva test from
Avecon.  Not acceptable: Blood samples sent to Avecon and the Avecon
POCT (home) saliva test.  You must bring original test results, no
photocopies, faxes or letters from your vet will be accepted.  You may
leave a photocopy on file with us for future events.  Ferrets that do
not have the required vaccinations or ADV test will be kept in a
separate room.  We can help you test your ferrets; contact us for more
information.

Hope to see you there!

Chris Sayne
Corporate Secretary