From:
Kristen Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 19:59:03 EDT
I will try to keep this short.  Not to long ago there was posted about
a person who had a LOT of ferrets improperly taken care of and everyone
helped get this taken care of.  We have a person who has been convicted
of severe neglect of animals in 2 different counties, now she is in our
county.  She has also been convicted and sentenced here.  She is not
allowed to have ANY animals.  She continues.  The DA's office is trying.
The game wardens are NOT.  They are separate enemies here.  The Game
wardens unfortunately dont care about animals.

We need all the help we can get.  Letters, phone calls, ideas, ANYTHING.
I have had a private ferret rescue/shelter for 10 years, and belong to
the Bedford Humane Society.  (We are not part of the animal shelter.)
While this is not ferrets, I hope you will help.  The Humane Society has
gone very public with this and are not afraid of the backlash we will
receive.  If you want to help, I can email you more detailed information
about her, numbers and names to call, and a heart breaking picture.
Please put in the subject box of your email: Valerie Green.

I will forward some to the Humane Society president if needed for any
additional information.  Thank you from all 2 and 4 legged loves.

Kristen (Shelley) Newman
Email to : [log in to unmask]