Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 05:48:48 -0800
From:
chris last <[log in to unmask]>
Sukie, Wolfy,

Hi.  I enjoyed your posts to the FML.  First of all I agree that
domesticated animals retain juvenile characteristics .  Ferrets " in
the wild" may be solitary , but in a home , they retain the litter mate
mentality.Being intelligent animals ( as most predators are) they are
individuals, with individual preferences and personalities.I have one guy
named Doodlebug who was always solitary and came to me as a rescue.  He
hates other ferrets and is terrified of them.  They respond to this by
really attacking him given any chance.I am his "litter mate" and he is
more tuned into me than any of the others.  Doodlebug likes being
solitary.it is all he has ever known and what he is comfortable with.  He
has me and that is all he needs ( according to Doodlebug).

As far as "packs " of ferrets.  I believe ferrets , like any being does
best in small groups.I personally find when you reach a certain number
individual interaction diminishes and I have had ferrets become depressed
by this.  I have also had ferrets who seem to live the motto" the more
the merrier".

When you have a lot of ferrets, like those that have a lot of children,
giving attention to individual needs can be a stressor.  You love them
all but....it is difficult.

As far as my Weeds story with pot in a film canister.  The potential
danger of what could have happened ( had the film canister opened )
was not lost on me.I hope the idea was not lost on anyone else either.
As a nurse I am well aware of what happens when any critter or human
accidently ingests drugs or opiates.  The story was funny becasue it
ended this way.  Had it ended differently, it would be a tragic story.

dooks,
Christine