From:
mark prince <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 08:39:07 -0700
Hi everyone, my 2 California ferrets both have AVID microchips in the
upper back areas, and this procedure was done by the vet tech at the
Animal Hospital I attend, and they didn't need to be put to sleep for
this to be done.  Peanut my little girl is very small and took the
microchip easily and with little discomfort.  The cost for implanting
was $38.00 per ferret, and about $15.00 each to register the chip with
AVID.  When they are outside on their leash and harness they have the
bright blue AVID id tag on the harness and this gives a reg. number as
well as the 800 number to report the finding of the little escape artist.
The registration papers come with a cert. of ownership that can be
transferred to a new owner with a signature on the back.. and I strongly
suggest this be done if and whenever possible.  Being in California with
my 2, I am doing everything I can to show responsible ownership and
encourage everyone else to do the same!

Bye for now from Mark, Peanut, and Yin-fu