From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 01:04:44 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=3858

I also have a bilateral who is doing well at home.  I have maintained
her well on injectable Percorten every 18-28 days.  Earlier, she lasted
longer between shots - up to 28 days - but we are now giving it every 18
days.  You can certainly do bloodwork, and we did in the early stages,
but now I can just tell when she needs her shot - she is lethargic,
unresponsive, doesn't want to eat - very out of character.  12 hours
after her shot - she's bouncing around the house again.

Bilateral ferrets now have an excellent shot at a substantial life after
surgery.  If they make it through the first 48 hours afterward, the
prognosis is very good.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM