From:
Tracy Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:22:47 -0600
I was wanting some info in this.  I just took 2 of my girls for their
shots and low and behold they both had reactions.They both recieved
benadryl and were good to go.  2-3 hours later my little Sadie was up
vomiting ,several times.  So, off to the vet we go.  More benadryl and
steroids given and she was knocked for a loop.  She was a bit dehydrated
so she gave fluids.  Earlier in the visit I told her that sometimes Sadie
will stand and almost look like she is in a daze and sometimes will sway
while she is standing there staring off.  She seems to do this or I
notice it more, in the mornings when we get up.  I leave the bedroom and
she will stand under the dresser and watch me and does this daze thing.
So now the vet is thinking this reaction may be r/t insulinoma too.  She
did a glucose and it was 70.  In the books she had that was borderline.
So , we go back in the am for another test and draw a sample to send off
to UofT to check insulin levels.

Any feed back is appreciated.just email me.  Sadie did have adrenal
surgery 1 year ago and she is 4 in june.  If this is insulinoma, What
can you give as a treat?  I know raisins are out.

Thanks a bunch,
Tracy (worried ferret mom)